Discover our charming city of nearly 6000 residents and over 300 businesses of which many operate beyond the traditional storefront as home-based businesses. Milan is a quaint community with tree-lined streets, a rich history, and was recently named one of the best places in Michigan to raise a family by Niche.com. Our state-of-the-art-schools, historic neighborhoods, unique shops and businesses, and annual events and festivals echo the connection and passion that Milan residents have for their community and each other.
Convenient to Ann Arbor, Toledo, and Detroit Metropolitan Airport, Milan is an excellent choice for young professionals, working parents, empty nesters, and retirees. Walk your dog, enjoy more than 200 acres of public parks, grab a coffee, a cookie, or a local pint of craft beer. Catch some live entertainment at The Owl or visit with neighbors at 3rd Thursdays downtown; a summertime favorite of the locals. Our community schools provide a safe and connected place for families where kids can learn, make friends, and participate in a wide variety of youth activities. It’s a place where we all benefit from the network of the village.
Visitors plan their trips through Michigan around a stop at Original Gravity Brewing, the Historic Hack House, a Brookie at Life is Sweet Bakery & Cafe, or a stroll through the Sunflower Festival at Zilke Vegetable Farm. Whether you are a resident, a visitor or one of our thriving small businesses, we hope you enjoy your time here as you will easily find yourself among friends.
- Saturday, September 10, 10 AM Red Ribbon Cutting for Bloomington Electrolysis & Electrology Academy
- Thursday, September 15, 6 PM Red Ribbon Cutting for Fountain Optometry
- Thursday, September 29, 7 PM – 9 PM MAS School Board Meet the Candidate Forum
- Friday, October 28, 5 PM – 6 PM Milan Area Chamber’s Annual Downtown Trick or Treat
- Saturday, December 3, 6 PM – 7 PM Milan Area Chamber’s Annual Christmas Parade